- About us
- Information on Visa, Citizenship and Migration to Australia
- Consular Services for Australians
- Australian Passport Information
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- OECD Delegation
- UNESCO Delegation
- Australia-France relationship
- Australian Consulate, Noumea
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Head of Mission Executive Assistant and Office Manager
AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT DELEGATION TO THE OECD PARIS
(Gross monthly salary: from € 2634.52 paid in 13 monthly instalments)
(In exceptional circumstances such as previous experience or special qualifications, a higher starting salary may be considered)
Expressions of interest are invited for the position of Head of Mission Executive Assistant and Office Manager, at the Australian Permanent Delegation to the OECD in Paris.
This position is directly reporting to the Head of Mission of the Australian Permanent Delegation to the OECD, and is available now.
Applications for the position should include:
• The Paris-Based local staff application, to be downloaded from the Paris Embassy website: http://www.france.embassy.gov.au, section: about us
• Letter of application (no more than 1 page)
Late applications, incomplete applications or applications not meeting general requirements and selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Section, Australian Embassy, 4 rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 16 June 2013.
The Australian Embassy strives to be an employer of choice and offers attractive working conditions. In addition, it aims to ensure that people are engaged on the basis of their ability rather than their race, gender or background.
As Executive Assistant:
• Manage the office of the HOM OECD and in particular continue the operation of the office during the HOM's frequent absence at meetings
• Provide full administrative support to HOM OECD, including at meetings, and for visiting Ministers, Departmental Heads and Senior Government Officials, in English and French.
• Make appointments, pursue enquiries and provide liaison with OECD Secretariat, other permanent delegations to the OECD and government bodies in Australia on questions arising from Australian representation at meetings
• Assist with arrangements for representational activities for HOM OECD, visiting delegates and OECD mission officers, including liaison with HOM OECD domestic staff, monitoring expenses and preparing representational allowance returns
• Co-ordinate all official transport arrangements for the Ambassador and supervise the HOM driver
• Undertake research, translation, statistical tasks and prepare graphic presentations
• Prepare meeting documentation for HOM
• Maintain specialised area files
• Prepare visitors and OECD meeting attendance lists
2. As Office Manager:
• Co-ordinate arrangements for Ministers and other high level visitors to the OECD, including preparation of programs and liaison with Embassy protocol staff to ensure provision of all necessary facilities (VIP lounges, security of documents, escorts etc)
• Monitor OECD delegation budget in consultation with HOM OECD
• Responsible for overseeing property aspects of the delegation offices and HOM residence
• Assist all members of the OECD Delegation in meeting the Delegation's objectives
3. Other duties as required.
1. Bilingual English/ French.
2. Experience in office management and as an executive assistant
3. Experience with relevant software eg Word, Excel, Powerpoint, administration and archival experience.
4. Post-secondary education desirable.
General Requirements for the position
1. This is a security-designated position. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a security assessment to the appropriate level.
Applicants must be a national of Australia, New-Zealand, America, Canada, or United Kingdom to be eligible for an Australian Government security clearance. Persons holding dual French nationality with one of the above nationalities would not be eligible for a security clearance for this position. Applications that do not specifically address and satisfy this requirement will not be considered.
2. Candidates must submit a copy of a valid work permit/visa for employment in France.