How to obtain / renew an Australian Passport
All passport applications must be submitted in person and by appointment only at the Australian Embassy in Paris open to the public from Monday to Friday from 9 to 12 (midday) and from 2pm to 4 pm except during 2017 public holidays.
Appointments can booked on line here. Please ensure you select the Timezone: (GMT +02:00 Central European Time - Paris, when making a booking).
Information including booking policy is available here.
Appointments are not required for passport collections, enquiries or emergency passports.
- An Australian Citizen cannot enter Australia on a foreign Passport. (A visa will not be issued to an Australian citizen on their foreign passport).
- A responsible parent must attend an interview on behalf of their child (child presence not required up to the age of 16).
- You should allow up to three weeks to receive a new ordinary passport and up to 2 working days for an emergency passport.
- 10-year validity passports will be issued for children aged 16 or 17.
In addition to the usual requirements for a child passport application, the 16 and 17 year old child must attend the interview along with the lodging parent.
- A proof of residence is required when you lodge a PC8 application.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Anyone concerned about ID security / Identity theft, should contact IDCare for further advice : www.ag.gov.au/identitysecurity
- Please make direct contact with the Embassy or the passport office in Australia, should you have lost your passport.
Information to help you prepare your passport application prior to lodging it in person at the Embassy in Paris:
Passport Application Form to be downloaded from the Australian Passport Website : www.passports.gov.au
List of approved Guarantors (for use with Form PC8) who have know the applicant for at least twelve months or since birth for new born babies)
Where to apply in France
Photo guidelines for passport photos which need to be less than six months old
Reporting a lost or stolen passport and applying for an emergency passport
Translation of foreign documents
Link to B11 - General statement by passport applicant - use this form only if requested by the Passport Office
Credit Card Authority Form