- About us
- Information on Visa, Citizenship and Migration to Australia
- Consular Services for Australians
- Australian Passport Information
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- OECD Delegation
- UNESCO Delegation
- Australia-France relationship
- Australian Consulate, Noumea
- Travel advice
- Register with us
PROPERTY AND SECURITY MANAGER (Full-Time)
AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY PARIS
(Gross monthly salary: € 3 454.36 paid in 13 monthly instalments)
Expressions of interest are invited for the position of Property and Security Manager.
This position is based within the Australian Embassy in Paris and reports directly to the Senior Administrative Officer.
The position is available from mid-July.
Applications for the position should include:
• The Paris-Based local staff application, to be downloaded from the Paris Embassy website: http://www.france.embassy.gov.au, section: about us
• Letter of application (no more than 1 page)
Late applications, incomplete applications or applications not meeting general requirements and selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Section, Australian Embassy, 4 rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16 June 2013 COB.
The Australian Embassy strives to be an employer of choice and offers attractive working conditions. In addition, it aims to ensure that people are engaged on the basis of their ability rather than their race, gender or background.
Provide advice on policy relating to property, manage the operations and budgets of the Property sub-section and provide common services in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Oversight and supervise all aspects of day to day property matters in the embassy complex
• Ensure that Workplace and Residence Health and Safety WHS requirements are met
• Management and co-ordination of procurement processes in accordance with Australian Government guidelines
• Capital management: Prepare and manage the Capital Management Plans (including for Ambassadors’ Residences)
• Asset management (major and minor assets), including acquisitions, stocktaking and disposal
• Management of property/facilities, including supervision of cleaners and gardeners (and other contractors)
• Lease management, including negotiations with tenants, advice on compliance with the local law and the Australian Embassy requirements
• Undertake other duties as directed, including support for Ministerial and other official visits
• Team Management (including Property/ Security and contractors)
Institute adequate security operational policies and manage the operations and budgets of the Security sub-section.
• Negotiate and manage service contracts for security equipment and works, including supervising guarding staff and managing security assets/equipment
• Demonstrated, sound knowledge of French property law,
• Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and effective management of all aspects of a property portfolio.
• Ability to interpret policy regulations and guidelines and to act on and provide property related advice in accordance with the appropriate instructions.
• Knowledge and experience in managing all aspects of a property portfolios, including guarding and supervision of gardening and cleaning staffs.
• High-level of organisational and coordination skills, contribute effectively to work objectives, anticipate problems and suggest solutions.
• Flexible, proactive, willing and able to undertake new tasks, respond to challenges and meet deadlines.
• Ability to set priorities and take appropriate action.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within a team.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Demonstrated strong Business/ client service skills.
• Demonstrated strong managerial skills
General Requirements for the position
1. Candidates must submit a copy of a valid work permit/visa for employment in France.
2. Fluency in English and a high level of French.
3. Advanced computer literacy, including experience in using MS Outlook and Microsoft Office.