Passport applications interviews and notarial services at the Embassy in Paris are offered by appointment only.
Appointments for notarial services can booked on line here.
Information including booking policy is available here. Please ensure you select the Timezone: (GMT +02:00 Central European Time - Paris), when making a booking.
For passports services, please visit the dedicated Passport page on this website. Australians requiring advice or assistance from the consular section may visit during the following hours: 09:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday, except during 2017 public holidays .
You may wish to contact the Embassy by letter, email or telephone :
4, rue Jean Rey, 75724 Paris Cedex 15
Métro Ligne 6 Station Bir-Hakeim
RER C Station Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel
Tel : +33 (0) 1 40 59 33 00
E-mail : Consular.Paris@dfat.gov.au
In case of an emergency after hours, please contact the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61 (0) 2 6261 3305
What we can and cannot do
Assisting Australians overseas within limits
- Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Health: Avian influenza - Travel Bulletin
- Europe: Entry Requirements: Schengen Convention
- Consular Fees (Acts of 1955 & 2005) with effect from 01 June 2017
- Tarifs des services consulaires (Acts of 1955 & 2005) au 1 juin 2017
Online registration for Australians overseas
We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
Useful Information and links
- Australian Addresses in France
- Australian customs
- Australian Police Clearances
- Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Credit Card Charge Form
- Driving in France see also International Driving Permits
- English-Speaking Lawyers and Notaires in France
- Funeral Director in France
- Marriage and PACS In France and Marriage Overseas
- Medical Doctors in France (including Hospitals and specialists)
- Notarial Services including Apostilles Witnessing of Documents and Certifying Copies of Original Documents
- Paris Police Stations
- Registering your child as an Australian Citizen
- Shipping Companies
- Sworn Translators
- Taking cats and dogs to Australia
- Tracing friends and relatives in Australia
- Taxation Issues
- Tax File Number in Australia
- Visa for Australia
A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services
Marriage in Morocco
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
Personal Information provided to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is protected by law, including the Pricacy Act 1988. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information, including to overseas recipients where we reasonably believe it is necessary, to provide you with consular assistance. Important information about the privacy of your personal information is contained in our Privacy Collection Statement, which you should read and understand. Copies of the Statement are available at http://dfat.gov.au/dep/consular/privacy.html or by requesting a copy from the Department.