Australian Embassy
Algeria, Chad, Mauritania, Monaco, Morocco

Notarial services

Appointment booking

Passport applications and interviews, and notarial services at the Embassy in Paris are offered by appointment only.

Appointments for notarial services can be booked here. Please ensure you select the Time zone: (GMT +02:00 Central European Time - Paris), when making a booking.

Before booking an appointment, please visit smartraveller to learn about the different types of notarial services we offer and their requirements. We welcome you at the consulate with an appointment during the following hours: 09:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday, except during 2017 public holidays.

Please bring your valid passport or ID card and the original documents to the appointment.

Consular fees

Consular Fees (Acts of 1955 & 2005) 

Credit Card Charge Form

Official documents from Australian authorities

Australian Police Clearance

Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates


Registering your child as an Australian Citizen 

Authentication of official documents

Notarial Services including Apostilles Witnessing of Documents and Certifying Copies of Original Documents

Superannuation and Tax Back from Australia for Working Holiday makers  

Marriage and PACS

Marriage Overseas

Marriage in France

Marriage in Morocco

PACS in France

Statutory Declarations

Please complete the statutory declaration (handwritting)  and sign it in front of a consular officer who will need to witness your signature at the Australian Embassy. For a copy of a blank statutory declaration form, please click here.

FAQs on Statutory Declaration

Frequent Asked Questions - FAQs 

Do you provide notarial services from anywhere else in France?

No - unfortunately these services are only available from the Australian Embassy Paris.

The form says I can use a JP or police officer but I can't find one who is willing to do this in France. What can I do? 

Generally the guidance about who can witness or legalise a document is provided with the assumption you are in Australia, where police and JP's are commonly used for these services. This is not the case in France or once you are overseas.

I've been told I need to get this done by the Embassy or Consulate, is there someone else I can use?

Some organisations - such as your bank or a Government agency - will stipulate that you must use an Australian Embassy or High Commission if you are overseas.  We would recommend you go back to whoever is requesting you get your documents legalised and ask who they will or won't accept.  Some agencies may accept a local solicitor or notary public to perform these services. For a list of notaries public, please see local suppliers.

I've been asked to get you to verify my ID, what documents do I need to bring into you?

We cannot advise you on what documents you may need to provide. If you have questions about what is required you need to seek clarification from the agency who is requesting that you have this done.

Why does this cost money when I can get it for free in Australia?  

The charges for the overseas provision of these services is set by the Consular Fees Act 1955. 


Clients are advised that the documents relating to notarial services you require from the Australian missions overseas must be presented in the correct form with the correct instructions for witnessing any signatures on the documents. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to witnessing signatures on a particular document, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note, by witnessing a signature on a document neither the Australian Government nor the Australian mission overseas guarantees the legal effectiveness of the document or the accuracy of its contents.

Contact us

Australian Embassy
4 rue Jean Rey, 75724 Paris Cedex 15
Metro Line 6 Station Bir-Hakeim
RER C Station Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel
Tel: +33 (0) 1 40 59 33 00
E-mail :