If your passport got Lost or Stolen, please follow those steps:
1. Notify the Passport Office of the loss or theft of your passport on www.passports.gov.au or contact by telephone the nearest Australian Mission.
2. Apply for a new ORDINARY Passport.
If you reside in France and providing you hold the relevant required documentation, you can apply for a new ordinary passport by lodging your passport application (PC 8 Form) in person at the Embassy. Please refer to the listing on the PC8 checklist. Please make an appointment on line.
Please note that the delay to obtain your normal passport can be up to 3 weeks.
3. Apply for an EMERGENCY Passport (with a limited validity).
If urgent travel is necessary, you can apply for an emergency passport by lodging your application (PC8 Form) in person at the Australian Embassy and bring along the following, ((after having booked your appointment online (if possible) or without an appointment)) :
- Two recent Passport Photos (There is a photobooth available at the Embassy - €5 payment can be nade in coins, €5 notes or credit card)
- A police report (if available)
- A copy of your travel itinerary or E-ticket
- 2 Pieces of Identification (if available)
- The appropriate fees (payment in cash or credit card)
Please note that the normal delay for an emergency passport is up to 2 working days.
An emergency passport is not biometric, which may limit your ability to travel to certain countries. Please check with the relevant authorities of the country you intend to travel to.