Australian Embassy
Algeria, Chad, Mauritania, Monaco

International Driving Permits

International Driving Permits  

Australians driving in France must hold an International Driving Permit along with their valid Australian Licence. An International Driving Permit is not a licence. You must obtain an international driving permit prior to leaving Australia.

IDP Authorities

To obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP), please contact the relevant IDP authority in your state before you leave Australia. These cannot be obtained while overseas.

New South Wales
NRMA City Branch

RACQ Ltd (Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Limited)

RACV (Royal Automobile Club of Victoria)

South Australia
RAA (Royal Automobile Association of South Australia, Inc)

Western Australia
RAC (Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia (Incorporated)

RACT(Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania Limited)

Northern Territory
AANT (Automobile Association of Northern Territory Inc)